"Reading books changes lives. So does writing them."- Sarah Ban Breathnach.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Girls Who Read

I have not been feeling like myself for some time, and I knew something was missing but didn't know what... until... I picked up a really good book. It has been a very long time that I have just sat and read, read fiction for the pure enjoyment of it, and gotten sucked into a great story. But this book- The Adventures of Buddy Williams- Book 1- is fan-freakin-tastic! So many great metaphors and descriptions, I just can't put it down. That and my friend Bryan sending me this awesome video about Girls Who Read, reminded me that... that's part of who I am- A girl who reads.  And I have been missing that part of my life for way too long lately, just getting caught up with other things. Sometimes, we think reading is not that attractive... but, this video reminds me that actually, it can really be if you really love it.  Somehow, all those characters and places, and lessons, and adventures get absorbed into our bodies like osmosis, and show up like a radiant beam of light- experience, knowledge, word wisdom.  And that can make us feel and look beautiful for ourselves and also to someone else.  I am a girl who reads!
Watch this video. What a creative poem and inspiring message.  (I like the "makes her a total fox" part. Click below and you'll hear what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment